2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup white, 1 cup whole wheat)
1-½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vegetable oil
3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- Stir the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl.
- Add vegetable oil to the lukewarm milk and mix together.
- Gradually add the milk to the flour mixture, and using clean hands, work it into a gooey dough.
- Turn dough out onto a surface dusted with flour and knead until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Return the dough to the bowl and let sit for about 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 balls of equal size, cover them. Let sit for another twenty minutes.
- Roll the balls out one at a time to about a 7 inch circle. (I have a pastry mat with a nice little circle that shows me a 7-inch circle. $2 at Wal-Mart!)
- Cook in a preheated skillet (I use a cast iron). Flip after 30 seconds (the dough should be bubbly, kind of like a pancake) and cook the other side for about 20-30 seconds. Do this with all of the dough.