So we had a huge can of pineapple left over from Emily's wedding. Since I hate to waste anything, last night I started browsing for a recipe to use up the pineapple, and I found it: pineapple muffins!
The link above is the original recipe, below are the modifications I made. The muffins were awesome! I will definitely make them again!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup white, 1 cup whole wheat for a healthier option)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour muffin pans, or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the reserved juice, egg, milk, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Mix just until blended. Add half of the pineapple (about 1 cup) to the batter and fold in gently.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the cinnamon, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, and 1/4 cup melted butter to make the topping.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, then spoon pineapple over the batter and sprinkle with the cinnamon topping.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the crown of the muffin comes out clean.