Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chicken Curry

Allen had another tooth pulled today, poor dear! So I'm making one of his favorite dishes, chicken curry. Like most things I make, I do a lot of experimenting with curry! Here's today's mix:

1 onion, minced
3 cloves garlic
1 generous tbsp ginger paste (we use it instead of fresh ginger--tons better than the powdered stuff, but no need to fuss with fresh!)
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp reshampati chili powder
2 bay leaves
4 whole cloves
5 oz tomato paste
2 cups garbanzo beans
2 chicken breasts
1/2 can coconut milk
1 cup yogurt

Curry is simple and delicious! I cooked the onions till translucent, added the garlic and ginger. After a few minutes I stirred in the coconut milk, yogurt, and all the rest. Then, just let it simmer for about 25 minutes! For an added kick at the end, stir in some lemon or lime juice and a bit of cayenne. Served with jasmine rice (which I find I prefer to basmati) cooked with cumin seeds.

My house will smell like curry all week. No picture today, but boy, was it good!

No comments:

Post a Comment