Thursday, September 17, 2009

Caramel Apple Sticky Buns

I decided to make these sticky buns for a dinner party, and as always happens when you're trying out a new recipe for other people, it didn't go as expected. Still, this recipe has potential. By that I mean, after making this recipe, I decided I would do it entirely differently. Here's a link to the original recipe. The dough was so incredibly soft that the first pan (it makes two) ended up being sticky bun loaf instead of individual buns! For the next pan, I froze the dough for an hour and added a lot more flour! That made the dough workable. The rolls were nice and soft, but I like a bit more substance to my rolls. These had the ooie-gooieness of a Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut. I prefer the more substantial Dunkin Donuts, personally.

The sticky buns were good, but with a few changes, I think the next batch could be stellar. I'll:
Use my regular cinnamon roll dough
Make Cracker Barrel-style fried apples and add caramel sauce for the topping.

Of course, my waistline demands that I wait a while before trying my new ideas. But don't worry. I'll let you know of my certain success!

No comments:

Post a Comment