Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pumpkin Soup


On our cruise this summer, I had the most amazing pumpkin soup! Since Fall is in the air, I decided it was high time to try recreating the soup at home! I found lots and lots of recipes, but ended up swerving off into my own tangent.

6 cups chicken stock
1 29 oz can of pumpkin
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp parsley
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp curry powder
5 whole peppercorns

Cooked the onions and garlic for 10 minutes, until soft. Then combined everything in a slow cooker and cooked on high for 3-4 hours. I had to adjust the seasonings and lot, and by then end, there's no telling how much of everything I put in! I know i added more of ALL the spices and a splash of vinegar.

The soup was so yummy and creamy. I will definitely be honing this recipe throughout the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment