Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pork with Veggies

T-minus 12 days till graduation! I believe this is what is officially referred to as "the home stretch." Once again I find myself so thankful for my crock-pot! It makes so many tasty dishes. Today's specialty was Pork with Chinese Vegetables.

This morning I sliced up the pork tenderloin that had been marinading all night and browned it in a skillet. Then everything went into the crock! Now that's what I call simple.

pork tenderloin, sliced thin and browned
1 chopped onion
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp ginger paste
4 cloves garlic, whole
1 tsp msg (optional)

Cooked on low 8-10 hours. Added 1 lb of Chinese veggies an hour before serving.

Yeah, that's what was supposed to happen. In reality, I ended up taking Wilson, the pooch, to town to be groomed (still don't like the idea of trimming doggie nails!) and overcooked the vegetables. They disintegrated! I didn't realize veggies would do that, but there you are. I cooked some more broccoli when I was boiling the noodles, so it turned out more or less fine. Good flavor! Think I'm going to use some of the filling to make egg rolls tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment